Allen K. von Spiegelfeld has experience in all phases of transportation law including the Carmack Amendment, the Warsaw Convention and ICC regulations; preparation and negotiation of contracts of affreightment, bills of lading, letters of credit, trucking and stevedoring contracts; disputes involving letters of credit, charter party issues, customs and immigration problems, transportation fraud questions, cargo claims, mortgage foreclosures, allisions, ship repair contracts, collision, environmental claims, personal injury claims, wrongful death, limitation proceedings and ship financing, maritime arbitrations, federal and state court litigation. Mr. Von Spiegelfeld is Board Certified in Admiralty and Maritime Law with The Florida Bar.
- Banker Lopez Gassler P.A., Tampa, FL
Shareholder, November 2008 to Present
- Fowler White Boggs Banker P.A., Tampa, FL
Attorney, October 1981 to October 2008
- John B. Culp, P.A.
1978 to 1981
- U.S. Navy J.A.G. Corp.
1974 to 1978
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- "Ethics - Conflicts of Interest," Speaker, SEALI Convention, Atlanta, GA, 1997
- "Maritime Bankruptcy," Speaker, The Florida Bar's Maritime Bankruptcy Law and Practice Seminar, Tampa, FL, March 1992
- "Maritime Liens in the United States," Speaker, Swedish Shipowners Meeting, Stockholm, Sweden, 1990
- "Is it a Tow, a Salvage, Or a Fleecing?", Author, SEALI publication, April 2003
- "Environmental Consideration and Pollution Control," Author, The Florida Bar's Recreational Boating Law for the Florida Lawyers Seminar, Tampa, FL, March 1991
- "Maritime Cargo Claims," Author, The Florida Bar Convention, Orlando, FL, 1989
- "Package Limitations," Author, SEALI Convention, June 1989
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute: Chairman, 2000