Carlo Marichal practices labor and employment law and represents management in administrative proceedings, state courts, and federal courts. He handles an array of cases involving race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, and sex discrimination. In addition, he confidently handles claims for sexual harassment, whistleblower retaliation, negligent hiring and retention, retaliatory discharge, as well as wage and hour disputes. Moreover, Mr. Marichal’s civil defense practice includes housing discrimination, personal injury, property damage, premises liability, automobile negligence, products liability, personal injury protection, and insurance fraud.
- Banker Lopez Gassler P.A., Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Associate, May 2013 to Present
- Remer & Georges-Pierre, PLLC, Miami, FL
Associate Attorney/Law Clerk, January 2012 to May 2013
- Coral Gables City Attorney’s Office, Coral Gables, FL
Legal Intern, June 2011 to July 2011
- Public Defender’s Office for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit, Miami, FL
Legal Intern, June 2010 to August 2010
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Can an Employer's Counterclaim be the Basis of a Retaliation Claim in an Employment Dispute?, Author, The Checkoff a publication of The Florida Bar's Labor & Employment Law Section, Volume 55, No. 2, February 2016
- Unpaid Internships and the FLSA: The Eleventh Circuit's "Primary Beneficiary" Test, Author, The Checkoff a publication of The Florida Bar's Labor & Employment Law Section, Volume 55, No. 2, February 2016
- Private Sector Florida Whistleblower Act Opposition Claims: Is An Actual Violation Required To Be Engaged In Statutorily Protected Activity?, 89 Oct. Fla. B.J. 65 (2015).
- Evans v. Books-A-Million: Eleventh Circuit’s Interpretation of “Prejudice” Under the FMLA and Taxable Costs Under ERISA, Author, The Checkoff a publication of The Florida Bar's Labor & Employment Law Section, Volume 54, No. 2, March 2015
- Eleventh Circuit Interprets “Prospective Rights” Under the FMLA, Author, June 2014 E-Update for The Florida Bar’s Labor & Employment Law Section
Issues You Might Not Have Agreed to: Rent-A-Center, W., Inc. v. Jackson, 12 Fla.
Coastal L. Rev. 485 (2011)
- Seventh Circuit Clarifies Meaning of "Inquiries" Under ADA Medical Confidentiality Requirement, Author, The Checkoff a publication of The Florida Bar's Labor & Employment Law Section, Volume 52, No. 1, August 2013
- The Florida Bar
- The Florida Bar: Public Relations Committee Co-Chair, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Dade County Bar Association