Keith Appleby’s practice focuses on bankruptcy and creditor’s rights, foreclosures, commercial, corporate, and general business litigation. Keith’s practice includes representation of businesses in all aspects of bankruptcy and liquidation cases. Mr. Appleby is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
Keith's experience in bankruptcy and creditors' rights includes representation of financial institutions, receivers, equipment lessors, landlords, secured and unsecured parties in bankruptcy reorganizations, and other commercial litigation. Keith also represents financial institutions, merchant services processors, and vendors in preferential and fraudulent transfer lawsuits.
- Banker Lopez Gassler P.A., Tampa, FL
Shareholder, March 2015 to Present
- Hill Ward Henderson, Tampa, FL
Shareholder, Practice Group Leader for the Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Group
November 2012 to March 2015
- Fowler White Boggs P.A., Tampa, FL
Shareholder, February 2005 to November 2012
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- "Domestication of Foreign and Out-of-Country Judgments." Speaker, Judgment Enforcement Seminar, Lorman Education Services, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013.
- "Garnishment." Speaker, Judgment Enforcement Seminar, Lorman Education Services, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013.
- "Business Restructuring: A Potpourri of Current Problems in Restructuring." Speaker, American Bankruptcy Institute, 38th Annual Alexander L. Paskay Seminar on Bankruptcy Law and Practice, March 21, 2014.
- "Ethics-Allowable Marketing or Improper Solicitation after Universal Building Products." Speaker, American Bankruptcy Institute, 35th Annual Alexander L. Paskay Seminar on Bankruptcy Law and Practice, March 12, 2011.
- "Avoidable, Preferential and Fraudulent Transfers." Speaker, Bankruptcy Seminar, Lorman Education Services, February 4, 2010.
- "Avoiding Discharge of Judgments in Bankruptcy." Speaker, Bankruptcy Seminar, Lorman Education Services, February 4, 2010.
- "Ethics in Foreclosure." Speaker, Real Property Foreclosure: A Step-by-Step Workshop, National Business Institute, September 15, 2009.
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar, Business Law Section
- Hillsborough County Bar
- Member, District-Wide Steering Committee for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida (term through December 31, 2017)
- Bankruptcy Law Educational Series Foundation: Board of Directors (2012-2014), President (2014), Vice President (2013)
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association: Board of Directors (2009-2014), Chairman (2013-2014), President (2012-2013), Vice President (2011-2012), CLE Committee Chair (2010-2011), Editor-In-Chief of The Cramdown Newsletter (2009-2010)
- American Bankruptcy Institute